What is the Summer Reading Challenge?
The Summer Reading Challenge encourages children to keep reading during the school summer holidays – and to enjoy anything they like to read! Children aged 4-11 are invited to set a reading goal and collect rewards for their reading.
It’s FREE to take part, and last year 75% of children taking part improved their reading skills over the holidays.
· The Challenge supports the move into a new year group.
· Becoming more independent in their reading boosts children’s confidence and self-esteem.
· The library provides free access to books and fun family activities all through the summer.
Visit Torquay library and sign up, and don’t worry if you have lost your tickets or got old fines, we will fix any issues. Your child will:
· Set a reading goal for the summer and borrow and read books, eBooks and audiobooks. Your child can choose anything they like to read!
· Receive a Challenge folder and collect special stickers and rewards for reading.
Starts Saturday 8th July.
To support the Challenge, we run loads of free or affordable events. Here’s or events this Summer at Torquay Library
Bounce & Rhyme
Develop your baby’s early language skills; join in with singing everyone’s favourite nursery rhymes.
Looking for something free on a Saturday? Enjoy getting creative? Over the summer we will have game and headwear related crafts.
Plus, Crazy Golf in August! 20p a go.
Booking required except for the Closing Ceremony and Saturday Club.